- Renew wedding vows.
- Find a pumpkin pie recipe worthy of being passed on.
- Try cross-country skiing.
- Try snow-shoeing.
- Eat scones and drink tea in England.
- Visit Greece.
- Go skating in the rink in Rockefeller Center.
- Have another milkshake with Greg at Courier Cafe.
Take Eleanor to cut down a Christmas tree.
- Adopt another dog.
Contribute in some way to the content of The New York Times. (Breaking the Silence)
- Give a five-figure sum to a charity that I’m passionate about.
Write a travel piece and get it published. (Soak in the laid-back spirit of California’s Coronado)
Make it through a Russian novel.
- Try down-hill skiing again.
- Take Eleanor on an anywhere-in-the-world trip as a graduation gift.
- Return to Alaska.
- Visit all 50 states (just
Arizona and Hawaii left!)
- Help a woman get elected president.
- Hike on either the Pacific Coast or Appalachian Trail.
- See a polar bear in the wild.
- Take a cooking or baking class.
Visit the Museum of Modern Art.
- Take Greg to the Galapagos.
Develop a larger repertoire of meatless dishes.
Watch Eleanor dip her toes in the ocean for the first time.
- Take a multiday bike trip.
- See the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.
- Watch The Princess Bride with Eleanor.
- Go on an African safari.
- Return to ballet classes.
- Arrange more grand surprises.
- Go to hear a speaker I admire.
- Take a class on a topic that interests me.
- Organize a book exchange party.
- Teach Eleanor to help those who are less fortunate.
- Visit Easter Island.
- Stay in a bungalow over the ocean.
- Take a sailing vacation.
- Become more computer savvy.
- Take violin lessons.
Help preserve the beauty of the Earth.
- Set an example of a good marriage for Eleanor.
- Live in a home long enough to see the trees grow tall.
- Stand on the Great Wall of China.
- Tour Iceland.
- Take a class or hear a lecture at Harvard.
- Learn to speak a foreign language well.
- Go rafting on the Colorado.
- Watch a competition at the Olympics.